2022 Barrel aged beer - Members Collab

yes it look like fruit fly. yes the leak is fixed

3 Likes

Au cas ou que certaines d’entre vous ne suivez pas le thread de la deuxième remplissage, nous comptons vider et remplir le baril le 23 octobre. Assurez-vous d’être libre ou d’arranger la récupération de ton part avec un autre membre. :slight_smile:

Bonjour à tous !

On vide le baril le 23 Octobre. Vous pouvez arriver à partir de 10h AM.

Je crois que nous sommes 13 participants (corrigé moi).

Certain n’ont pas pu mettre leur contribution dans le baril (Norm et moi je crois).
L’idée est de distribuer des bières non bariqué pour compenser.
J’ai 30 cannettes de prête, et Norm à également un plan pour en redistribuer.

225 L avec 10% de perte, approx 15,75 litres chaque. Apporter votre keg.

Avons-nous tout le matériel nécessaire pour le transfert ?

3 Likes

Je peux apporter mon keg 2.5 gallons, ca laisserait 6 litres au moins à d’autres pour que tout le monde puisse en avoir.

Et apportez la belgian strong ale aussi :wink:

1 Like

En fait, j’avais deux kegs de bière et nous en avons transféré qu’un. Le deuxième était pour re-remplir la barrique de temps en temps, mais on n’en a finalement pas eu besoin.

Mes notes indiquent en effet que nous sommes 13 pour l’Imperial Stout:

1. Patrick Lalonde @PatLalonde
  2. Normand Cyr @Norm
  3. Eric Paré @ericpare
  4. Mike Brown @Treasurer
  5. Sam Leitkam @President
  6. Ian Charette-Brousseau @IanCB
  7. Terry Fey @Terry
  8. Kurt Houghton @kurthoughton
  9. Xavier Trudel @vicepresident
  10. James Kirk @JamesKirk
  11. Albert teBraak @Albert
  12. Yacine Boujija @Yac.b
  13. David Pelosse @David

C’est comme tu veux, mais nous avons tous droit au même volume.

1 Like

My keg is also 2.5 gallons. That’s plenty for me.

Hello all!

Can someone take care of the racking gear ? @President, do you have access to some special tool at you job…? I have to clean up the garage nicely for the event and don’t have time to chase/search for gear. That would be helpful is someone can take the lead on that !

Cheers

1 Like

Je peux fournir une racking cane en acier inoxydable ainsi qu’un filtre de type Bouncer pour filtrer les particules de bois.

1 Like

This little guy?

Yeah, I’ll bring that little guy. And a CO² tank, and some fittings to get to a corny.

4 Likes

Got plenty of CO2, feel free to not bring your tank!
Same for beer, got a Mexican Lager and a Munich Dunkel on tap. (and lot of molson for purist)

2 Likes

Ohh, je me disais que j’allais pas boire vu que cest le matin mais tu viens de m’avoir avec la munich dunkel… :rofl:

2 Likes

Last minute Hail Mary Pass - my wife is hosting a party for her colleagues/students tomorrow evening (Sunday) and my taps are running low. If anyone coming has a keg of easy-drinking beer spare, and is able to get it to Patrick’s early, I would love to take it and owe you a keg of whatever your heart desires (after fermentation completes).

I can bring you 2/3 of a keg of American wheat ale.

1 Like

ETA 10:20… je me grouille

Thanks everyone. That was a nice way to spend a half day. I’m very much looking forward to getting this beer carbed and ready to serve. It’ll be on tap very soon.

Merci encore Pat d’avoir accepté d’héberger le baril et a ta femme de nous tolérer lorsqu’on passent. J’espère qu’elle aime les bières barriqués!

2 Likes

fait plaisir ! c’étais bien le fun.

So, how do you like your bourbon barrel aged imperial stout so far ??

Very much. After the holidays, I’ll hide away the remaining bottles in my basement so they can condition and improve.

It’s very different from the previous Imperial stout barrel project I participated in. That one was a red wine barrel and it brought out wild yeasts and bacteria that was present in the wine, making an unusual but still very tasty beer. This one is very clean.

My bottles are conditioning at the moment and I’ll give them another 2 weeks before giving it a try. With some other members, we also added coffee to a portion of it (the process was described in another post) and according to the sample we tasted at bottling, it was delicious : bold and well rounded. I’m looking forward to tasting them both cold and carbonated!

As a side note : I had about 10-15 litres of my non-barrel aged version that I put on tap and surprisingly, it got more traction than expected considering that both my spouse and I aren’t normally fans of big beers. I think the recipe we followed was definitely a winner.

1 Like

Same here for the non-barrel aged version, it’s quite delicious!

I’ve open 2 bottles so far of the barrel version, conditionning was not done yet but it still was very good. My co-brewer were impressed by the result. I found the Bourbon taste on the strong side, i’m curious to see if it will mellow with time.