March Bottle Exchange / Échange de bouteilles en mars

One of the bottles I received did not have any label, only an orange cap. Does anyone recognize its beer?

Looks like it’s in a twist cap bottle.

Ricardo’s bottle was similar but had a label.

Don’t know.

But if you do get a twist-off commercial bottle marked « Xav Stout 8% », it’s an attempt at Vincent Roy’s imperial stout recipe.

Figures:
OG 1.092
FG 1.032
ABV 7.9%

Ah, yes, sorry, that is my bottle. I forgot to put labels on it. It is a rebrew of my rauchbier, recipe further up in this thread.

Oh nice! Looking forward to it! Thanks!

Forgot to say, but my witbier still needs to bottle condition, in case anyone put the whole pack in the fridge without checking the labels in detail.

As usual, I am looking forward to trying everyone’s beers!

1 Like

One of mine is the opposite! (the German pils, “inspired by” Eric’s recipe) It could still use some lagering in the bottle.

Won’t hurt for sure but I had yours yesterday and it was very good. My comments will follow by email.

My saison would benefit from bottle conditioning too. It was bottled 12 days ago.

Y’all got one of two beers from me. Either the St-Ray Oatmeal Stout or the Iron Monk, my contribution to the Iron brewer comp in the fall. It’s a Belgian (due to the yeast) american (due to the hops) pale ale.

Feedback welcome.

K

Feedback for my Irish Stout is welcome too.

@IanCB I haven’t tasted it yet but the label is really pro - nice work.

1 Like

C’est la St-Patrick aujourd’hui alors aussi bien boire une bonne Irish Stout :wink:

1 Like

Thank you @MarcGuay!

@Norm je suggère le truc de la seringue pour la rendre plus crémeuse et lui donner un beau collet.

1 Like

Feedback will come soon :wink:

Santé, et merci pour le partage! Je t’envoie un courriel demain avec mes commentaires.

1 Like

J’attends la visite en dégustant la Blonde Ale de @Norm

Très bonne!

Ouais c’était un essai pour une bière de session légère.

Je voulais aussi essayer mes houblons récoltés à l’automne (plants de 1ere année - d’où le Homegrown). Finalement, l’arôme n’y est pas même si j’en ai mis beaucoup en whirlpool. Pas grave!

In case anyone is interested, here is the link to the recipe for my Bosch Amber Lager:

Hieronymus Bosch International Amber Lager

Thanks Riccardo, but that link brings us to the Grainfather website to log in. Is there another way to link the recipe that isn’t password protected?
I haven’t tried the beer yet, but I like looking at recipes. :slight_smile:

I didn’t realize you needed a login to see recipes. Here it is in PDF

Hieronymus Bosch.pdf (864.2 KB)