Échange Calendrier de l’Avent/Advent calender bottle swap

So Xavier what’s the final count for bottles needed?

17 bières, over and out!

1 Like

Just to be 100% clear: There are 17 participants so everyone contributes 16 bottles, or there are 18 participants and we contribute 17?

You’re right, 17 participants so everyone needs to provide 16 bottles.

3 Likes

This is great. My bottles are ready to go as soon as the location and time of the dropoff is declared.

How many people have been working behind the scenes on this? I’d like to leave them each a bottle of something (not the same as the exchange beer).

Thanks!

That is a nice thought. I would one person is working behind the scene and it is Angelique Roy!

Reminder:

17 participants, 17 beers, your beers should be ready and delivered at Sam’s (Villeray), Xavier’s (Anjou), Tristan’s or Mike’s (South shore) no later than November 26th. Pick up on November 28th.

3 Likes

Reminder: Beers are due this Friday, Nov. 26th!

Rappel : Les bières sont à rendre ce vendredi 26 novembre !

I’ll be bringing by my advent beers, and those of Marc, if the Iron Brewer beers are welcome at the same time, that would be awesome! Friday evening drop off (around 7) is ok, Sam?

Kurt

Sounds great. Both the advent beers and the Ironbrewer beers are welcome!

1 Like

Hi guys,
I can drop my beer at sam’s house in villeray thursday or Friday.
Can i have the adress ?

@Patrick I sent a private message with the details. If anyone else needs them, just let me know.

The beer calendars are ready for pickup! Also, here is the calendar itself !
Les calendriers de la bière sont prêts à être retirés ! Voici également le calendrier lui-même

HUGE Thanks to Angelique Roy for putting together the art!

Minor points of interest:

1. There are a couple extra goodies in there (spare beers from the MALT competition). All of those beers should be anonymous, with just a style listed. Enjoy those however and whenever you want. If you would like a copy of the BJCP scoresheet that was filled out during the competition so you can drink along with someone else’s tasting notes, let me know.
  2. Each beer should be identified with a number on the top, a label, or both.
  3. Each beer (besides the MALT beers) are assigned a day on the calendar. We recommend drinking them on the calendar day and chatting up the beers here if you have any comments or feedback!
  4. My beer (Day 9) was changed last-minute to be a Dry-hopped Single.
  5. James had a split batch, and so some received the Marzen, and some received his Cider (marked 11-C on the cap).
  6. Marc’s beer (Day 22) is a light beer bottled in green glass, so keep it cold and out of sunlight if you don’t like skunky beer.
  7. Thanks to everyone for participating! We hope you enjoy and have a great holiday season!

Points d’intérêt mineurs :

1. Il y a quelques bières supplémentaires (bières de réserve du concours MALT). Toutes ces bières devraient être anonymes, avec juste un style indiqué. Appréciez-les comme et quand vous le souhaitez. Si vous voulez une copie de la feuille de notes BJCP qui a été remplie pendant la compétition pour que vous puissiez boire avec les notes de dégustation de quelqu’un d’autre, faites-le moi savoir.
  2. Chaque bière doit être identifiée par un numéro sur le dessus, une étiquette, ou les deux.
  3. Chaque bière (à l’exception des bières MALT) se voit attribuer un jour sur le calendrier. Nous vous recommandons de les boire le jour du calendrier et de discuter des bières ici si vous avez des commentaires ou des réactions !
  4. Ma bière (jour 9) a été modifiée à la dernière minute pour être une Dry-hopped Single.
  5. James avait un lot divisé, et donc certains ont reçu la Marzen, et certains ont reçu son Cidre (marqué 11-C sur le bouchon).
  6. La bière de Marc (Jour 22) est une bière légère embouteillée dans un verre vert, il faut donc la garder au frais et à l’abri du soleil si vous n’aimez pas les bières malodorantes.
  7. Merci à tous d’avoir participé ! Nous espérons que vous apprécierez et passerez de bonnes fêtes de fin d’année !
2 Likes

Love the artwork! Not sure where Sam got the idea that my beer was “light” - it’s 8% ABV. :slight_smile:

Great job guys!

Merci à Angélique Roy pour l’affiche!

1 Like

Thanks for organising this!

I recommend that you give the Paulgaarden belgian wit on the 17th a little stir so that the lees is incorporated into the pour. A little more authentic.

Kurt

1 Like

That’s great !!

Awesome job guys, big thanks for taking the time and effort to organize everything!

1 Like

I just cracked the first bottle of the calendar. Thank you Xavier for starting us off with such a fresh NEIPA. Very nice job!

Merci Kurt! Elle a été brassé avec des levure Kveik à 23C.

Je suis bien ouvert aux commentaires, soyez honnêtes!