Christopher Needelman Memorial IronAler 2023!

Une autre belle annonce cette semaine: le Club de brasseurs amateurs MontreAlers annonce la tenue du concours Christopher Needelman Memorial IronAler 2023 le 4 février 2023.

Vingt équipes de 4 brasseurs maximum (tous doivent être membres en règle des MontreAlers - cliquez ici pour devenir membre) s’affronteront pour présenter leur bière qu’ils auront brassée à partir d’une boîte mystère d’ingrédients qui leur sera remise à la fin novembre. Le détail des règles peut être consulté ici.

Les bières seront jugées par un jury composé de brasseurs maison et de juges d’expérience. Le public participera également à juger les bières de la compétition.

Alors préparez votre équipe! Et surveillez le forum: l’ouverture des inscriptions se fera ce dimanche 13 novembre à 7:00.

Santé!

Les officiers du Club

:beers: :beers: :beers:

Another great announcement this week: the MontreAlers Homebrew Club announces the Christopher Needelman Memorial IronAler 2023 competition, which will take place on February 4, 2023.

Twenty teams of up to 4 brewers (all must be MontreAlers members in good standing - click here to become a member) will compete to showcase their beer brewed from a mystery box of ingredients given to them at the end of November. Details of the rules can be found here.

Beers will be judged by a panel of homebrewers and experienced judges. The public will also participate in judging the beers in the competition.

So get your team ready! And watch the forum: registration will open this Sunday, November 13, at 7:00 am.

Cheers,

Officers of the Club

8 Likes

Et un merci spécial à nos principaux commenditaires!

Moût International

Houblon Bastien

Hoppy

Hops Connect

Fermentis

Lallemand

2 Likes

If you haven’t seen it in your email, the boxes are ready for pickup! They’re at my place, so contact me to arrange a time/place to pick them up.

Also, if your box has some Sorachi Ace in it, congratulations! You got some free hops, but unfortunately they can’t be used in the competition. In checking the ingredients, some boxes had them and some did not, so to be fair to the teams that didn’t get them, we’re ruling that they’re not allowed in the competition.

Si vous ne l’avez pas vu dans votre e-mail, les boîtes sont prêtes à être récupérées ! Ils sont chez moi, alors contactez-moi pour convenir d’un moment/lieu pour les récupérer.

De plus, si votre boîte contient du Sorachi Ace, félicitations ! Vous avez des houblons gratuits, mais malheureusement ils ne peuvent pas être utilisés dans la compétition. En vérifiant les ingrédients, certaines boîtes en avaient et d’autres non, donc pour être juste envers les équipes qui ne les ont pas eues, nous décrétons qu’elles ne sont pas autorisées à participer à la compétition.

1 Like

Rappel pour récupérer vos ingrédients si vous ne l’avez pas encore fait. J’ai encore quelques boîtes et le temps de brassage se raccourcit de jour en jour…

Reminder to pick up your ingredients if you haven’t yet. I still have a few boxes and the time to brew grows shorter by the day…

1 Like

donc le IRONALERS a lieu se 4 février prochain ?

billet a vendre sous peut ?

Oui, la soirée aura lieu le samedi, 4 février. Tous les détails ont été envoyés par courriel (incluant celui pour l’achat des billets les invités qui est de 1 par participant).

Confirmes-moi que tu l’as recu.

j’ai eu le couriel pour inscription au concour mais pas celui pour achat des billets

I didn’t receive any emails about the event (I check my spam). Is the event only open to people on teams and their invitees?

Yes, the event is only for participants and theirs invitees. If there’s tickets available, members will be able to join. Stay tuned, an announcement will be made soon!

1 Like

Yeah, we had some difficulty making the original venue work, so we had to move to another location with a smaller total capacity. Given that, the event is currently open to participants and their +1 guests. If +1 spots aren’t claimed by this Sunday, we will offer the remaining spots to paid members, so stay tuned!

2 Likes

je comprend que vous avez possiblement un manque espace dans la salle loué . Dépendamment du nombre de personne qui pourrais se joindre au groupe pour la grandeur de la salle . Il y aurait possibilité pour les membre de se joindre au groupe ?

Il y aura une annonce à ce sujet demain matin!

J’ai justement un billet à vendre pour l’évènement. Le premier à me répondre et à m’envoyer un paiement de $25 le recevra par courriel. :blush:

1 Like

Is anyone who lives in the St. Jean sur Richelieu area coming to the IronAler tomorrow?

Leaving from Chambly which is fairly close

1 Like

If anyone serving tonight wants to share our jockey box with us, we’ve got 2 taps available on one we’re renting for the evening. We would have to have tables next to each other, of course. Let me know if you’re interested!
-James

Hey James, I am interested! We will offer 2 beers tonight!

I think you can only enter one, no?

We brewed two beers as well and although they were both excellent, we had a team vote on which one to enter.

Yes I know. We are submitting only one beer to the judges, but we had enough ingredients to brew a second one and serve it to the public. Just for fun!