Calendrier de l’Avent 2022 / 2022 Advent calender bottle swap!

Oops, I thought there were 2 categories, Sweet and Milk, we need to get those BJCP classes going again! :slight_smile:

J’ai un peu de retard mais Momo et moi apprecient la biere de Marc :slight_smile:

5 Likes

La yankee wheat ale de Kurt en cette journée pluvieuse

1 Like

The Yankee Wheat is tasty but would definitely pair better with a hot, sunny day. Pours nice with a big creamy head and good lacing. The aroma and flavor both have an enjoyable lemony, American kind of hop character* to them. Easy drinking, some oomph to the body from the wheat but overall light and fizzy and easy to enjoy. Thanks, Kurt!

*I’m gonna risk a guess even. Is it Centennial?

1 Like

Another day, another beer. Kurt’s Yankee Wheat Ale was delicious. Day 6 and the great beer tradition continues.

1 Like

This is good Kurt. I wish we’d see this style more often. I appreciate the grainy flavour paired with a light hoppy aroma (spicy and floral). Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Another day, another well brewed beer. Thanks Kurt!

1 Like

Throughly enjoyed this Great beer. Good job Kurt!

1 Like

I love feedback. Any suggestions to improve my brews are always welcome. Fwiw, here’s the recipe:
- Recipe - BeerSmith Cloud

A simple grain bill with a mix of Sasquatch (mostly cause they’re getting old and I’m trying to use them up) and Amarillo hops.

Catching up on a few beers:

Fully enjoyed James’ NEIPA after a night out with a few drinks too many. A perfect nightcap, though I should have saved it for another day :wink:

Marc’s old ale was deliciously malty and sweet. I love English styles.

Pat’s sweet stout reminded me of root beer and my desire to make a sarsparilla stout. You really nailed the sweetness for the style, though I would lean more towards a dry version.

Thanks to each of you!

Recipe not found - It may have been deleted or made private

Sorry! The link is working now!

It’s annoying that the site converted everything to Imperial units when I set it to share. I can assure you all, I’m a metric Brewer.

1 Like

Nice one, Kurt, really enjoyed it. The wheat really came through and I got a lot of lemon/lime from the hops (@JesseO I guessed Motueka :slight_smile: ).

2 Likes

You better be, or else…

3 Likes

Another tasty IPA. On ne trouve pas souvent ce genre d’IPA maintenant et c’est dommage. Belle, claire, houblonnée modérément amère. Merci Luc Bureau!

Je vais aller dans la même veine que Jesse : on ne voit pas assez souvent de belles IPA résineuses comme celle-là. L’arôme était tout simplement envoûtant! Quels houblons as-tu utilisé en aromatique?

Merci les gars, je crois que c’est de l’Eldoraro et une couple d’autres en Wrilpool.

Je l’ai oublié hier! A l’odeur, ca m’a rappelé la Yakima IPA du Castor! Vive les West Coast IPA
Je serais curieux des houblons aromatiques aussi. Jai du houblons Eldorado quebecois justement.

(Pas de Momo, y dort)

J’ai brassé une IPA l’année passée avec 100% Eldorado et j’étais très déçu. Je n’ai pas compris pourquoi je n’ai pas obtenu de l’arôme ou même beaucoup de goût.

J’avais ajouté 30g à 5 mins de la fin et 40g pendant le steep/whirlpool (pour une batche de 40L) et ça ne m’a pas donné grand-chose côté « houblonnée ».

Très décevant… alors, je vais rester avec mon Citra, Cascade et Amarillo pour mes West Coast. :slight_smile:

Denis

Ce n’est pas beaucoup, 1 g/l de houblon au whirlpool. Je fais habituellement 2.5 g/l ou plus. Faut pas être cheap! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ne t’inquiète pas. Je suis loin d’être cheap! :smiley:

1 Like