2022 Barrel aged beer - Members Collab

May 1st is not good for me. Any other day I can make it work.

I’m in the same boat as Mike. May 1st is my daughter’s birthday, but I can get my keg to someone, or do it another day

This is very exciting! Thanks so much Patrick & Éric!!

I’ve asked Patrick what days/times suit him from the 1st to the 8th. I’ll post a doodle poll to try and make this as easy as possible, knowing that it’s nearly impossible to accommodate everyone’s schedule. We’ll make it work!

K

1 Like

Hey all,

Here’s a doodle for the barrel fill. It has assumed that I’m available for all the dates I’ve proposed, however I can’t make it on the 30th.
Please respond by Wednesday, April 27th so we can confirm the date.

1 Like

FYI, Saturday May 7th is ten AGM. It starts at 8pm…

Submitted my doodle.

1 Like

9 people have voted so far. How many people are we in this project? We have a bunch of ties with 7 participants.

Don’t delay! Deadline Wednesday April 27th, end of day.

Thanks!

We are 13. We are missing @vicepresident , @Albert and @JamesKirk

I have @Albert 's beer in case he is not available.

1 Like

Apologies in advance, there’s no way to make everyone happy and make sure that everyone can be there. I’ve chosen Saturday the 7th at 12:00 as barrel filling time. I know it’s not ideal for you Norm, but since you also have Albert’s beer, it’s the best trade-off I can manage.

If anyone’s availability changes, please let us know asap. We need the full volume on filling day to avoid unnecessary oxidation.

For those of you that indicated that you can’t make it that day (@JamesKirk, @IanCB & @Yac.b), reach out to one of us (or let us know what area you’re in) so that we can arrange to pickup your carboys/kegs in the days leading up to the 7th.

Thanks guys!

It seems like friday May 6th at night got the most votes (10). Why not choose that date?

Friday May 6th sound good imo if we are 10.
I’m available starting at 4PM if that’s the case.

Fair question Xavier.
Agreed, that was the date that had the most official votes, however Norm wasn’t available and he already has Albert’s beer with him, so in a sense he counts for two votes. I also took into consideration which people were the most active on the forum and who appear to have the most experience brewing & sampling beer. We’re talking about a difference of 1 person.
If the group prefers to go with the 6th, I’m fine with that too.

I might actually be available on the 7th (and potentially the 6th). I’ll let you guys know.

Post deleted

Yes, I am sure. I’ll be in Sherbrooke until late that evening.

As much as I would like Norm to be there, let’s be fair for all participants and select the date/time with the greatest availability.

1 Like

Je serai disponible le 7. J’avais simplement cliqué les plages horaires qui me convenaient le plus!

Sorry for the confusion. Friday the 6th remains the most popular option. Book it on your personal calendars. We’ll sort out how to get the missing beers (Norm, Albert & maybe Yacine).

Patrick, can you send us all private message with your address?

Un article qui tombe à point:

1 Like

Address sent

Previous message from Denis :

I’m not involved in the project but was going to suggest the same as Sam. It needs to be freshly emptied otherwise, it will leak when you fill it.

If it has been sitting around for a while, you could fill it with water and let it sit for a few days until the wood swells again and it stops leaking.

Then drain it and fill it with beer.

You may already know this but I just thought I should mention it.

Denis

I haven’t read any stuff on barrel aging yet, got it on my todo for this weekend.
Can we build a preparation and required gear list ?

If there is preparation to do and some of you want to participate, let me know. Could be next tuesday night or something like that.

1 Like