Recipe - New England IPA - CitMoPlus

Brewfather_BeerXML_CitMoPlus_20201006.xml (11.0 KB)

I guess you tried it, I guess you recommend it?

Good question… I don’t exactly recall, but my note say I liked it. Oddly enough, this was a recipe I uploaded when we first transitioned over to the new forum, to see if uploading the xml files worked, and I haven’t thought much about it since.

To the recipe, though… Citra/Mosaic is a pretty standard NEIPA combo, and I really like Bru-1. It really brings the pineapple flavor/aroma in my opinion. At the time I was messing around with Wai-iti as a hop that has a lot of total oil, but not much that is identified the the normal list of hop oils, so I was thinking it might have a decent chance at some having some thiols.

If I was to rebrew this again today, I’d probably start the whirlpool a little higher, probably around 185 or 190F. I’ve found if I go too low with a big hop dose, the flavor gets a little strange. I’d also dial back the Wai-iti as I didn’t find it added too much given the other flavors.

Also note my efficiency was pretty low. I was pushing my Grainfather on the total amount of grain I could fit in, and that historically has lead to pretty low efficiency in extraction. Given that, I’d probably scale back the grains a bit to get a more predictable and efficient mash.

TLDR: Would I brew it again? Yes. Would I make changes? Absolutely.