Jour 22: Thick Black Santa Sauce par Sam Leitkam

On this, the 22nd day of our calendar, I keep the malt train running by offering up this Imperial Stout. Go with me on a journey… Close your eyes. Now picture yourself relaxing next to a warm fire. The soothing crackle of the fire is interrupted by the soft shuffle of some slippers heading toward you on the wooden floor. You look up and Santa hands you mug filled with a mysterious midnight black concoction. “Sip it slow.” he says with a wink.

En ce 22e jour de notre calendrier, je poursuis le train du malt en vous proposant cet Imperial Stout. Partez avec moi en voyage… Fermez les yeux. Imaginez-vous en train de vous détendre près d’un bon feu. Le crépitement apaisant du feu est interrompu par le doux claquement de pantoufles qui se dirigent vers vous sur le parquet. Vous levez les yeux et le Père Noël vous tend une tasse remplie d’une concoction visqueuse mystérieuse d’un noir de minuit. “Sirotez-la lentement”, vous dit-il avec un clin d’œil.

Alrighty! It’s dark it’s rich, amazing head lasting forever. It’s umami, tamari, rich mouthfeel, a bit alcoholic, clean finish…and it doesn’t taste like Santa! Beautiful drink to start a couple of days off, thanks Sam!

1 Like

I drank this one on Day 9 and really enjoyed it but didn’t take notes so… thanks Sam!

1 Like

Rich, flavorful, toffee, roasty, really smooth on th alcohol warmth (dangerous!) Great beer Mr President!

1 Like

Very warm, rich, full experience. Like a sweet stout but without the cake. Really? Maybe like a fruit cake with extra dates. Creamy and alcoholic. I’m pretty sure it’s really the Santa sauce. If I drank two of these what would happen? Thanks @President !

1 Like

I had the Thick Black Santa Sauce for dessert last night and it really hit the spot. My bottle had no head though. I tasted no alcohol, I had to check the label for the ABV. Maybe my alcohol tastebuds are shot :blush:

1 Like

Santa did offer some delectable and thick dark sauce yesterday. This imperial stout was quite pleasant: bold, roasty, rich, warm, velvety, opulent, decadent, intense, complex, mocha, earthy, smoky, luscious and indulgent. It poured hazy, cloudy, murky, opaque, nebulous, dark, obsidian, shadowy, ebony, deep, profound, bottomless, and abyssal.

I wasn’t in the mood for some Santa sauce on the 22nd, but this was perfect on Christmas Eve! The more I drink big beers like this one (but also @Patrick_Ouimet’s Baltic Porter and @alexbelisle1980’s imperial stout), the more I appreciate them. Thanks!

thanks to ChatGPT for the synonyms

1 Like

Congratulations Mr. President. Yet another one I would never have tasted, the santa sauce is wonderful on this Christmas Day. It’s rich, silky, well balanced, I have a little mint chocolate taste that I got from the first sip. Wonderful, highly appreciated

1 Like

Enjoyed this by the fire last night. Thought it would be sweet and very happy that it was not. Thick and roasty. Well bittered with a thick moka colored head. The perfect stout to finish off an evening. Thanks Sam.