Happy 20th anniversary

It was 20 years ago today that a handful of homebrewers met in the back room at Brutopia in the hope of forming a Montreal based homebrew club. I’m proud to say that I’ve been an active MontreAler since. But I am not alone even if the others are typically a little less active than I am on the list.

Denis

2 Likes

Thank you Denis and the founding brewers for setting all this up. Without it, I’d still be brewing from extracts on my kitchen stove!
(I’m not knocking it, just saying that I’ve evolved and improved as a brewer thanks to the feedback and inspiration and gear acquired through the list!)

And that was the intent from the start wasn’t it? Sharing information, making stuff more accessible and getting new brewers off the ground.

I think my biggest pride comes from all the MontreAlers who ended up having successful careers as professional brewers.

And obviously, the growth and success of the MonterAlers.

Denis

Amazing milestone! I know this club has been great resource for me with this hobby! Here’s to (at least) 20 more years!

The club will be organizing a special event to celebrate it’s 20th anniversary.

We are looking for volunteers to help organize this event. If interested, please let us know asap!

Especially if you are a long time member and still have contacts with former members.

If there’s an email list for this or a separate thread, add me to it. I’ll help.

I wish I could help but I really have too much going on right now. I suggest you might want to tie it into the AGM which typically occurs in May.