Greg Noonan Memorial Competition Entry Window closes 4/15

Hi MontreAler friends,

Sorry for the late notice but it took a little bit to work out logistics for making sure entries from MontreAlers could be picked up at the Dunham joint meeting but we now have confirmed that folks from the Mashers can do this.

So we hope that you will consider entering the 2023 Greg Noonan Memorial Homebrew Competition but if you wish to please make sure to go online ASAP to masherscomp.com and add your entries into the system NOW (you can pay later) as the entry deadline closes at the end of the day on 4/15 and we already have 155 entries towards our 200 entry limit.

If you do enter please coordinate with Norm Cyr and email mashers.treasurer@gmail.com so we can make sure your entries are collected at Dunham on 4/29 and processed at our entry intake event on 4/30.

Further details about the competition and prizes are below.

Also we are still in need of judges & stewardsso head to masherscomp.com and register today!

Cheers,

• Jay H
    Treasurer, Green Mtn Mashers & Fellow MontreAler Member

The 30th Annual Greg Noonan Memorial Homebrew Competition will be held on Saturday May 6th in Essex Jct, VT starting at 8:45AM and our sponsors have really come through to support us this year! The entry deadline is April 15th and you do not want to miss out on the great prizes we have, which include but are not limited to:

Best of Show - Swag plus a tour and tasting from Hill Farmstead Brewery and more!
2nd BOS - A 52qt Rtic cooler from Switchback Brewing Company and more!
3rd BOS - Sponsored by Farrell Distributing
Vermont Homebrewer of the Year - Swag plus a tour and tasting from Alchemist Brewery and more!
Brewmaster’s Cup - Collaboration brew day with Black Flannel Brewing & Distilling Company and Vermont Pub & Brewery of Burlington

Category sponsors are still coming through but here are some highlights:
Pale American Beer and American Wheat & Blonde - Swag from Weird Window Brewing
Pale European Beer and Strong British Ale - Collaboration brew day with Mill River Brewing BBQ & Smokehouse
Pilsner and Amber Malty European Beer - Sponsored by Black Flannel Brewing & Distilling Company
Dark European Beer and American IPA - Swag from Alchemist Brewery
Scottish & Irish Ale - Swag from Simple Roots Brewing
American Pale Ale and American Wild Ale - Sponsored by Hill Farmstead Brewery
American Porter & Stout and Smoke-Flavored Beer - Sponsored by Switchback Brewing Company
Specialty IPA and Specialty Beer - Sponsored by Farmhouse Tap and Grill
Hazy IPA and Imperial Porter & Stout - Sponsored by Burlington Beer Company
Strong American Ale - Swag from Rock Art Brewery
Strong European Lager - Sponsored by Queen City Brewery, LLC
Saison and Belgian Ale - Sponsored by Lucy and Howe Brewing Company
Strong Belgian Ale - Collaboration brew day with Stone Corral Brewery
Fruit Beer - Sponsored by Beverage Warehouse
Wood-Aged Beer - Sponsored by River Drive
Country Malt Group has also donated a 55lb bag of malt!

All volunteers will also receive the following:
Commemorative glassware courtesy of The Vermont Pub & Brewery
4 pack voucher courtesy of Alchemist Brewery
1 free raffle entry to win either a 7 gallon Flex fermentor from Spike Brewing or a food/beer/etc prize package (for non-brewer volunteers)
Lots of free swag (T-shirts, hats, sunglasses, bottle caps, etc.)

Coffee on the day of the event will be provided by Vivid Coffee and we’ll have a great spread for breakfast and lunch.

A full list of all sponsors can be found here - masherscomp.com and we hope to see you on May 6th, cheers!

1 Like

This is awesome Jay! Thanks for helping us participating in your competition. I’ve signed up for a few bottles.

Hello, I plan on bringing bottles to the AGM tomorrow. Do I just pack them up as if I were to ship?

I’ll bring mine probably in a box with some bubble wrap. As long as it is simple for them to carry the bottles back, I think it’ll be ok.

My entries are marked received. Thanks for organizing the pick-up at Dunham. Good luck to everyone

Same as you! Marked as received so I suppose it went smoothly through the border.