Counter-pressure bottler/tapcooler when bottle conditionning

I recently got myself a tapcooler which I have yet to use.
Though I started kegging my beers some time ago, I still bottle condition some batches (I often keg and bottle the same batch if I brew more than 5G). I usually bottle directly from the fermenter, adding priming sugar to each bottle.

Now I am wondering if I could use my tapcooler (with the keg connector) even when bottle conditioning, to further minimize oxygen exposure. That would probably mean getting a pressure rated fermenter (I ferment in an anvil bucket and carboys at the moment).

I thought this time I’d ask for some insights before making yet another impulsive buy :roll_eyes:
Would I get considerable gains in shelf life this way or would it be overkill? Has anyone ever tried bottling this way?

Tu pourrais toujours “keg condition” en ajoutant la bonne quantité de sucre dans ton keg et remplir quelques bouteilles via ton tapcooler.

Tu gardes ensuite le tout à température pièce pour 2 semaines avant de refroidir le keg. Il sera gazéifié et tu n’auras qu’à pousser avec du CO2 pour servir.

C’est vrai que ce serait plus simple. Je pourrais toujours shaker le keg avant si je veux absolument un peu de lie dans les bouteilles.

Je crois que si tu embouteilles immédiatement après avoir fait le transfert dans ton keg, tu auras suffisamment de levures en suspension pour permettre la refermentation en bouteilles. Je ne m’en ferais pas trop avec ça.

J’avais mal lu ton premier post.

J’utiliserai le keg comme un “priming bucket” pour le nombre de bouteilles que je veux. Pas bête, et ça m’évite de peser le sucre bouteille par bouteille (disons que des fois ça me tente moins que d’autres haha).

Merci!

Off the original topic but I’ll throw it out anyway. The way that I add priming sugar to bottles is to make a liquid sugar solution. No need to weigh the sugar for each bottle that way.

1. Visit Beer Priming Sugar Calculator | Brewer's Friend and set the “Amount Being Packaged” to the size of your bottles, and choose the carb level you want. Then find out how much is suggested per bottle.
  2. Take that number and sub it into this equation as x (250/10)*x
  3. Add that total to a measuring cup and fill it with boiling water to the 250ml mark, then mix well.
  4. Add 10ml to each bottle with a plastic syringe like this one https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71z385OJSEL.SL1500.jpg before filling with beer.

You can play with the volumes obviously, if you want to make each dose 5ml instead of 10ml, or the total volume of sugar water to be more than 250ml.