0.22 kg Flaked Rye

Hops
32 g Chinook 12.9% (60 min)
16 g Chinook 12.9% (30 min)
14 g Centennial 8.8% (15 min)
14 g Centennial 8.8% (5 min)

Yeast
1 pack White Lab Hornindal Kveik

First time using kveik yeast with a high abv beer. Interested in getting your thoughts on it

2 Likes

J’ai eu mes cadeaux de Noël:

La dégustation commence demain!

4 Likes

Moissi j’ai hâte!!! Merci tlm!!!

2 Likes

Great beer James. I usually shy away from smoked beers but yours was fantastic.

Les bières fumées, c’est vraiment pas mon style. Content d’y avoir gouter et ca confirme que j’en ferais jamais :slight_smile:
Merci @JamesKirk

C’est pas mal la même chose pour moi. J’en ai fait deux dans ma vie et généralement, je ne les fini pas. :slight_smile:

Salut James,

J’aime les échanges de bières, ça permet de goûter des styles de bières auxquels on est moins habitués. Je n’ai jamais brassé de Rauch et je dois dire que le goût de fumée ça fesse dans l’dash! Autant l’arôme que le goût. C’est dur de penser à autre chose qu’au bacon.

En tout cas, merci pour la découverte!

Xavier

1 Like

@LucLeStout What kveik yeast did you use for your imperial stout?

Hornindal fermented around 25C.

Thanks, I’m finishing the bottle now. :slight_smile: Slappy new year.

Marc

1 Like

Well I’ve finished the last bottle of my the swap tonight.

I have to say there was quite a interesting variety with many style which I really liked.
I’d say my favourite of the lot was David’s La Pupille 3.4% Irish Stout which had tons of flavour specially for a low ABV beer. Looking forward to trying out that recipe in the coming year!

Many thanks to all who participated and looking forward to the next one :wink:

1 Like

Hi folks. I entered 2 single bottles into the exchange, one labelled “Tormodgarden Test” and the other “Is It Still Beer?” and was wondering if the people who got them had plans to send feedback or not. I kept a bottle of the second one to compare with the review but will drink it sooner if there’s nothing coming. :slight_smile: No pressure if you received them and don’t want to say anything.