BJCP written exam opportunity

I just got this email from Jay at the Green Mountain Mashers (Burlington, VT homebrew club):

Hi All,

With the border mostly, kind of, sort of closed and the pandemic
still raging it’s time to look forward :wink:

I have at least 2 Mashers who are interested in taking the BJCP
written exam and know you have a few folks who joined the BJCP a few
years back and may meet the criteria
(https://dev.bjcp.org/exam-certification/exam-program-overview/exam-requirements/)
to take the written exam.

The pre-determined quarterly dates which we can schedule a written
exam with no minimum number of examinees at present are: Feb 20; May
14; Aug 7; Oct 15

If you have interested individuals can you ask them to contact me to
confirm they meet the criteria and to gauge when they think they
might be ready??

Cheers,

Jay

So what do you think? Is anyone wanting to join in on the written exam? When would you want to aim to be ready?

You’re welcome to contact Jay at jsh@doctorbeer.com, or let me know and I pass along the interest.

[Traduit en français, fait par moi et DeepL, probablement mal, désolé]

Je viens de recevoir cet email de Jay au Green Mountain Mashers (club de homebrew de Burlington, VT) :

Bonjour à tous,

Avec la frontière presque, en quelque sorte, fermée et la pandémie qui fait toujours rage, il est temps de regarder vers l’avant.
qui fait toujours rage, il est temps de regarder vers l’avant :wink :

J’ai au moins 2 Mashers qui sont intéressés par l’examen écrit du BJCP.
et je sais que vous avez quelques personnes qui ont rejoint le BJCP il y a quelques années et qui pourraient répondre aux critères.
années et qui pourraient répondre aux critères
(https://dev.bjcp.org/exam-certification/exam-program-overview/exam-requirements/)
pour passer l’examen écrit.

Les dates trimestrielles prédéterminées auxquelles nous pouvons organiser un examen
Les dates trimestrielles prédéterminées auxquelles nous pouvons programmer un examen écrit sans qu’il y ait un nombre minimum de candidats sont les suivantes : 20 février ; 14 mai
14 mai ; 7 août ; 15 octobre

Si vous avez des personnes intéressées, pouvez-vous leur demander de me contacter pour
confirmer qu’elles répondent aux critères et pour savoir quand elles pensent être prêtes ?
qu’elles pourraient être prêtes ?

Santé,

Jay

Alors, qu’en pensez-vous ? Quelqu’un veut-il participer à l’examen écrit ? Quand voudriez-vous viser à être prêt ?

Vous pouvez contacter Jay à l’adresse jsh@doctorbeer.com, ou me le faire savoir et je transmettrai votre intérêt.

I would encourage anyone who is slightly interested to jump at this opportunity.

Planning, organizing and proctoring an exam is a real pain in the ass. I know, I’ve had to do it several times and I’m happy to say I will never do it again. :slight_smile: Going to Burlington to write one is an awesome opportunity, not to mention a chance to make it a weekend to visit some breweries and brewpubs.

Denis

I’ll e-mail him! interested!