Back in the mash tun, hello!

Hi all, I’ve been lurking on the forum for a while and just wanted to say “hello” as I (slowly) return to the hobby.

A bit about me: Started homebrewing in 2011, but with some haituses as life got busy. Originally from the east coast, but currently living off-island (Hudson). Brewing on a three-tiered propane-fired system. My favorite styles are Saisons, English ales, and German lagers, though I’m happy brewing pretty much anything.

I’m hoping to connect with more homebrewers in the area and find more excuses to talk about beer :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Sheldon

2 Likes

Welcome Sheldon!

1 Like

I’m just on the other side of the ferry. We’ll have to get together sometime.

1 Like

Welcome back to the hobby!

1 Like

Absolutely, I’m down for that! Not familiar with many places on the Oka side, but have been meaning to check it out. So close, yet also far.

Hey Sheldon! I’ve biked to Cardinal and Loup Garou. There is really only one close- Manigances - Brasserie d’Oka. The beer is good.

I’m in Winnipeg this weekend and camping down by the beer festival at Mont Orford next weekend. Are you free Wednesday or Thursday evening? We could get together for a beer and say hello. I’m willing to come your way too. Too bad bois blanc is no longer there

Welcome/Bienvenu to the club! Dont hesitate to be part of any club activities available!

Hey Terry, Thursday evening should work for me, if you’re still available. I’m coming back from downtown and should be able to detour thru Oka / Pointe-Calumet. I’ll DM you.

1 Like