À la recherche de juges pour M.A.L.T. | Looking for judges for M.A.L.T

Il reste quelques places pour compléter notre équipe de juges pour la compétition M.A.L.T. qui se tiendra en fin de semaine à la microbrasserie Kanhawake. Si vous rêvez de juger des bières dans un environnement sérieux, selon le guide de styles BJCP, c’est votre chance! Écrivez-nous à officers@montrealers.ca.

Quatre périodes d’évaluation sont ouvertes:

• Samedi 10h00
  • Samedi 14h00
  • Dimanche 10h00
  • Dimanche 14h00

Le repas du midi et quelques cadeaux de remerciement seront remis.

There are still a few places left on our judging team for this weekend’s M.A.L.T. competition at Kanhawake Brewing Company. If you dream of judging beers in a serious environment, according to the BJCP style guide, this is your chance! Write to us at officers@montrealers.ca.

Four judging periods are open:

• Saturday 10:00
  • Saturday 14:00
  • Sunday 10:00
  • Sunday 14:00

Lunch and a few thank-you gifts will be provided.

Hi,

I will be coming from Toronto this Friday, leaving Sunday. I am a BJCP ‘recognized’ judge.
Keen to be involved!

2 Likes

Hi!

Yes, please come! You’re more than welcome. We never have too many judges :slight_smile:

If you have a laptop or a tablet, please bring it along as we would like to have all the scoresheets filled electronically. Email us if you need more information: officers@montrealers.ca

The venue is here:

See you Saturday!

Awesome! See you there.

If you get a chance, could you register on the competition website as judge?

Worst case, we can take care of this on Saturday.

Cheers!

This website does not let me log in to register.

Oh you’re right. I’ll add you manually then. Sorry.

I would also add that if anyone is looking to help out, we are always in need of hands for organizing the beers and stewarding (serving the beers). It is a great way to help out and peek into the inner workings of the competition. And it’s a great way to taste the winning beers!

On the judging side - If you are interested, or even think you might be interested in the future, please let us know. You do not need to be BJCP certified to judge (if not, you will be paired with someone who is who can help in those aspects). What you do need is to love beer and be able to give concise feedback on a beer relative to a set style (style guidelines provided, and I can put you in a style group you are familiar with… assuming your own beer is not being judged in that group).

If any of these roles sound like something you might want to do, please let us know at officers@montrealers.ca and we will put you in the right place with good beer in your hand!

Je voudrais également ajouter que si quelqu’un souhaite aider, nous avons toujours besoin de main d’œuvre pour organiser les bières et servir les bières. C’est une excellente façon d’aider et de jeter un coup d’œil sur les rouages de la compétition. C’est aussi un excellent moyen de goûter les bières gagnantes !

En ce qui concerne les juges, si vous êtes intéressés ou si vous pensez l’être à l’avenir, n’hésitez pas à nous le faire savoir. Vous n’avez pas besoin d’être certifié BJCP pour juger (si ce n’est pas le cas, vous serez jumelé avec quelqu’un qui l’est et qui pourra vous aider dans ce domaine). Ce qu’il faut, c’est aimer la bière et être capable de donner un avis concis sur une bière par rapport à un style donné (les directives sur les styles sont fournies, et je peux vous placer dans un groupe de style qui vous est familier… en supposant que votre propre bière n’est pas jugée dans ce groupe).

Si l’un de ces rôles vous intéresse, faites-le nous savoir à l’adresse officers@montrealers.ca et nous vous mettrons au bon endroit, avec de la bonne bière à la main !