26th anniversary today

I started homebrewing 26 years ago today! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s awesome Denis.

I had a slow start (a few extract kits a year for probably 10 years) but I’m now at about 22 years of brewing, and getting better at it every year. I started when I took a chemistry of winemaking class at John Abbott College in 1998.

Congratulations! Out of curiosity, how do you know the date? After 26 years of drinking homebrew, I’m pretty sure I will have lost that detail…

I took note of it many years ago and marked it on my Outlook calendar, so I now get reminded every year. :slight_smile:

How are you going to celebrate the anniversary?

I’m having a beer. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Congrats, Denis. I’ve used BeerSmith since day one so I have a record of my first batch on Oct 2nd, 2016.

I used ProMash for the longest time and had a similar record going way back to the beginning.

I number each batch but I lost the records of my first 63 batches.

I’m presently up to #345 now (give or take a few since I doubled up some numbers from time to time), which works out to an average of about 13 batches a year.

Not bad seeing how in the early 2000s, I changed careers and my new job didn’t give me much time to brew. I made up for it after I retired in 2010 and was brewing up to 18 or more batches a year. I didn’t brew in 2015 and 2016 since I moved from Dorval to Alexandria and I hadn’t rebuilt my brewery yet.

I switched to Beersmith in 2017 when my brewery was completed and I’ve been brewing between 16 and 22 batches (40L) a year since.

I think 2021 will be a low production year due to the pandemic. Not too many people coming by to drink from my several taps and I can only drink so much! :slight_smile:

Denis