2021 Cowtown Yeast Wranglers Homebrew Roundup

woot! this is exciting.
Just registered my first ever submissions

3 Likes

Just registered my 2 entries!

Glad those competitions are back!

Il reste 24 entrées de disponible. En principe, on serait supposé d’avoir accès à ajouter une 3e entrée à partir de 10am aujourd’hui

Edit : Il est reste 2 (6 si on compte les non-payés)

Inscription terminée (252).
Mes entrées :
Altbier
Munich Dunkel
Belgian Dark Strong Ale

Bonne chance à tous!

3 Likes

Bonne chance Eric et les autres membres!

1 Like

Oh!

Munich Dunkel pour moi aussi!

Et une Schwarzbier!

J’ai soumis une rousse irlandaise.

1 Like

Stout à l’avoine pour moi.

1 Like

Rappel pour les membres : Le deadline pour l’envoie de nos bouteilles par le club est le 3 février avant midi. Contactez Sam (@President) pour planifier votre livraison.

Bonne chance à tous les participants !

2 Likes

For anyone submitting beers, here’s a piece of unsolicited advice I got a while back and have found helpful for improving my brewing and tasting:

When you package your competition beers, bottle one or two extra for yourself (if you keg, or keep from drinking a couple if you bottle), so you can drink them when you get the feedback from the judges. Do it the same way you filled the competition bottles. That way if the judges identify something in the beer you can drink alongside and agree or disagree.

For example:

• “I didn’t get pineapple at first, but when you point it out…”, or
  • “I knew there was something off, but wasn’t sure what to call it. I guess that’s what DMS smells like”, or
  • “I got pineapple too, but it was much stronger straight from the keg than after sitting in the bottle for a month”. etc.

In short, it can be a great way to learn about flavors/aromas in your beer and potential process improvements. OR if/when you win a medal, it just tastes that much sweeter to have some left to drink in the glory.

4 Likes

Reminder!

I will be packing and mailing entries for any club members that are submitting bottles (and the club is covering the shipping cost). I will be mailing them out this Wednesday afternoon (Feb 3) so if you want your bottles included, make sure to get them to me before then (no later than Wednesday morning).

Cheers!

The beers are in the mail!

By my not-at-all-official count done after the beers were already bubble wrapped and sealed in the boxes, we just entered 20 beers from 10 different members. The beers should arrive in Cowtown no later than February 10th.

Best of luck to all!

3 Likes

Can’t wait for the results to come in!!!

10 membres, c’est bon. Bonne chance tout le monde, Go MontreAlers!

Hey @President,

What’s the status of the package ? Still en route, delivered ?

I just checked the tracking and they have all been delivered to Cowtown. All except @vicepresident 's entries. I sent those by carrier pigeon, so tracking is a little more difficult.

Pray that my entries don’t make the deadline @President!:exploding_head:

Thanks Sam! Fair game using the pigeon for @vicepresident. I like it :sunglasses:

Je viens de recevoir un courriel disant que certaines bouteilles ont brisé durant le transport. Néanmoins sur ma page d’inscription, j’ai le “check” qui dit qu’elles ont été reçues. Mais je ne sais pas si les 3 bouteilles ont survécu le transport.

Avez-vous été moins/autant chanceux?

J’ai pas recu de e-mail et mes entrées sont “received” aussi