2021 MontreAlers Ale and Lager Throwdown (M.A.L.T.)

3 bottles, yessir, more details here MontreAlers Ale and Lager Throwdown (M.A.L.T.) - Brew Competition Online Entry & Management

1 Like

Ok, merci Éric. Je vais dire à Sam de coordonner avec toi.

Yes, 3 bottles.

As for the new labeling procedure, it’s more a function of streamlining the process via technology. We can now check in beers with a qr code and leave the label on, rather than removing the labels and putting a number on the cap. I think Marc and Eric pointed out the key advantages and flaws of both style. I don’t have much preference, but merely went with the recommended text supplied on the competition website for labels with the qr code style labels. You won’t be kicked out if you use the baggy label method.

As for Marc’s other point, I actually find delabeling the bottles with tape pretty easy. As long as the tape doesn’t cover all edges of the label, I can get my finger under the free edge and then pull from the middle and it comes off quite nicely.

Nice, thanks! It’s actually the residue left by the tape that I find annoying.

I will be around labor day weekend as well. I can lend a hand.

Thanks Jeff, i’ll let Sam know and he will contact you.

Please DO NOT post what you’ve entered in MALT!

Judging is supposed to be 100% blind. By knowing who entered what, judging is compromised.

Denis

oups. Sorry about that.

Ne manquez pas l’annonce des résultats du M.A.L.T. 2021 samedi 18 septembre 20:30 en direct ici:

https://meet.google.com/ddn-bxte-cre?hs=224

Don’t miss the M.A.L.T 2021 results announcement live Saturday Sept 18th at 8:30 pm right here:

https://meet.google.com/ddn-bxte-cre?hs=224

2 Likes

Will it be interactive or a presentation that will be just as much fun to watch the next day?

For those that assist the Cowtown comp, it was kind of interactive. If the medalists was online, they invited them to the “stage” and talk about the beer. But, they were using a different meeting platform. I guess, we could do the same

Yes different plarform but similar concept. After the presentation, we can split in smaller rooms for further discussions.

Oh, man, Marc is throwing shade. Now I’m racking my brain to think of what we can do to make it more interactive… Live comedy crowd-work? Prizes delivered in person at the time of the announcement so you get a medal and a personal sweaty hug? Live voting and campaigning for the best beer name???

We’re working on it. We’re also taking suggestions if you have any.

To answer your question, though, the main draw will be that it will be the first opportunity to see if you’ve won, what you won, thank the sponsors, and discuss the beers. Theoretically, yes, you could wake up Sunday morning and find the same information online, but then you will have deprived us of seeing your smiling face.

No shade! Sounds like fun, I’ll do my best to be there.

Les jeux sont faits : merci à notre panel de juges du Best of Show, @DenisB @Mastweb et Cedric Veilleux

À ce soir 20:30 pour le dévoilement de tous les résultats ici:

1 Like

Bravo à tous !!
Riccardo, Sam et Eric, vous êtes en feu! Est-ce qu’il vous reste de la sweet stout et la baltic porter ? ^^
Good job.

La rencontre était en même temps que le 30e à ma soeur, je suis déçu d’avoir manquer ça.

1 Like